When I moved to UT 6 years ago, I went to my first day of school and started talking to the kids I had in my classes. I discovered that every person I was going to talk to would automatically start the conversation with two different intros: "Are you Mormon?" or "Are you LDS?". It was an odd feeling, like I didn't belong. Once I got over the culture shock I noticed some of the kids were asking because they themselves were not Mormon.
I discovered that people become very sensitive about discrimination when I was attending cottonwood high school. I had an American government class there was only one African American fella in there and he sat far across the room from me. One day when the teacher stepped out 3 guys that sat by him started spewing slurs out of their mouths. It made me sick. The poor kid up and left. I never saw him in class again or even school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment